What is Mywifixet.net setup page?
The wireless method to extend your home Wifi network to the dead zones of the areas where you cannot access the internet. The Netgear Wifi range extender helps to expand the range of the Wifi or the main router where you cannot take your Wifi or place many Wifi in one home. It gives you the best results for your extended network range. It can be placed wirelessly halfway between the affected area and the main router.
How do I set up Mywifiext.net setup page?
Guided Assistance helps troubleshoot the issue of setting the extender with your Mywifiext.net setup page by asking you questions.
By setting your Mywifiext.net setup page and connecting your router to your to the extender you can improve your network by reaching it to the dead zones of your place.
The Netgear has varieties of different extenders. You can select one of these extenders according to your need and choice.
To set up your Mywifixet.net setup page follow the following instructions:-
- Plug your Extender to the power switch.
- Press the power button the extender to ON mode.
- Wait for the LED light to turn ON. It will start flashing and wait for a few seconds till the light is steady till it turns to green light.
- If in any case the light does not turn ON and turn ON green, check your power supply properly. Check it and connect it properly and try again.
- Connect your Device such as Laptop or your Mobile phone which is connected to the same Wifi, which you want to connect your extender to.
- The extender’s default network name will be Network_Ext. The extender network has no password and if it asks for the password then it will be (password).
- The Device will show that you have no Network.
- Open any web Browser depending on your device and type Mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 to set up your extender.
- The setup page of mywifiext.net will appear in front of you.
- Tap on New Extender setup.
- A pop up will appear in front of you that will ask to accept the terms and conditions. Click on Yes or I agree.
- At the bottom of the page you see the Finish button Tap on that.
- Choose your admin credentials this is used while Mywifiext.net setup page.
- Choose a different Password from the Wifi password to avoid any Confusion.
- Click on Drop down menu and choose any two security questions. This is if you forget your password.
- Tap on Next.
- If Mywifiext.net setup page asks you for Netgear Genie for help click on yes and continue.
- Your extender will then start searching for your Wifi network.
- Enter your Wifi network password and then click on Next.
- For the device that you plan to connect to the extender Network go to the Wifi settings and connect it to the extender.
- Go to the web browser at the bottom page click on Continue.
While setting Mywifiext.net setup page you might receive an error message that you are unable to connect to the www.mywifiext.net setup page. This is because mywifiext.net setup page is not a regular internet website.It’s a local web address of Netgear used to open Smart Wizard(Genie) to help setup mywifiext.net page.Check that your Laptop is connected to the ethernet cable or wirelessly to the Netgear range extender.
- Open the web address of Mywifiext.net setup page on the same laptop.
- You should see on the screen that you are not connected to your extender wifi network. Please check your current connection and try again.
- If this is on the screen of your laptop or your PC that means you are on the correct process to set up your range extender.
Web browsers can use to open www.Mywifiext.net setup page are following you can use any one of them:-
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Google chrome.
- Mozilla Firefox.
Enter the correct web address. If the web address is wrong you might reach a third party website. So Check your website correctly.
Imp-The Extender you want to set up should be in the same room and close to the Wifi only when you are setting it for the first time through Mywifiext.net setup page. After the setup is completed you can place the extender to the required spot within the range of the router.
In case you have followed all the steps still unable to connect to the extender through Mywifiext.net setup page try and follow Troubleshooting Steps. Make sure that your Wifi and extender both are connected to the power source. And even the extender LED light is turned into Green.
- If www.Mywifiext.net setup page does not work try once with the IP address 192.168.1.250.
- If still not accessible try with a different web browser Like google chrome Mozilla Firefox.
- If you are setting it with your PC connect your PC to the extender via Ethernet Cable.
- If you Still cannot access the network to the extender contact the Netgear customer support and the experts are ready to help you to set up your extender.
Imp: While setting up your extender to the main router in Mac OS X or iOS you are unable to connect you can even try with the URL http://mywifiext.local.
Leave a Reply